1. Heads up on a COOL new product: Cruncha Ma-Me Edamame Veggie Snacks. Freeze-dried edamame. You know... the soybeans you get at Sushi restaurants. Soooo yummy. These are GREAT when you are craving a chip-like crunch.
They come in 4 different flavors: naked, sea salt & pepper, lightly seasoned (my fav), and they also have a veggie medley mixed with other freeze dried veggies. They come in single serving bags perfect for tossing in your purse or carry-on while traveling. Gluten Free.
Here's the nutrition stats on the lightly seasoned:
Serving size: 1 bag
Fats 4 g.
Carbs: 7 g.
Dietary Fiber 3 g.
Sugars 1 g.
Protein 8 g.
Click here to purchase or for more information.
2. Bought my ticket for the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America (WLSFA) Meet & Greet in Las Vegas in May. Are you going? Would love to meet ya!
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Losing the weight but not the stigma - This is why we need to keep educating others and need the Obesity Action Coalition
Grrrr and for those that took part in the study: Bariatric surgery was the helping hand and first of many life changes that INCLUDED developing and maintaining healthy eating habits, moving my body everyday, and working on the why's of why I gained weight... I'd say that is A LOT OF WORK and work that will continue for my lifetime.
This is a lifelong war versus obesity, having surgery was just the first battle. I am a PROUD WLSer!
Big Food - Great video by the Yale Rudd Center
More Than 15% Obese in Nearly All U.S. Metro Areas - Skinny people live in Colorado ;)
Bariatrics Gets its Own Quality Measures - A very good thing.
Targeting Children With Treats - Great (though disturbing) Infographic
Preschool program fights obesity through dance - Love this!
Sure You Want that Snack? - I ate many of these pre-weight loss surgery
Remember last week when I mentioned that new show on TLC "The Real Skinny" featuring a fellow WLS pal of mine Sarah and Dr. Timothy Katzen. Here's a preview to get you excited about watching.
4. The fellow cat lovers will relate to this one. Is this not the cutest commercial ever!? "Who's the most handsome prince? You. You are." :)
My rescued stray Charlie is a lovey-dovey kissy-face too.
5. Check back on Sunday when a little leprechaun told me something fun is starting ♧