1. If you haven't read through my Holiday Survival Tips. Check them out. A made a few mistakes early on... bad shrimp incident. I hope it will help you guys (especially new post-ops) avoid a similar experience. There's some yummy recipes too.
I find myself repeating this in my head often this time of the year: Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment. I'm thinking a tattoo ;)
2. Shopping, parties, holiday pageants, visitors, everyone has lots going on this week. Here's a quick and easy protein packed meal that is a go-to when things get busy at my house.
Shelly's Cold Cut Roll-ups w/ Mustard Yogurt Dip
Ham (or any cold cut)
Pickle Spear (or cheese sticks are great too)
Roll up and spear with a toothpick. I prefer Boar's Head Low Sodium cold cuts if you can find them they are great. I also sometimes heat them up like this or this.
Mustard Yogurt Dip
3 oz. Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon prepared Mustard
a few twists of Black Pepper
Mix till well combined.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
FDA Tells Weight-Loss Surgery Centers To Pull Misleading Ads
Taking the stairs makes you more fit, saves you time
and there's a new Obesity Action Coalition Bias Busting effort underway to put an end to the use of derogatory and degrading images that depict individuals affected by obesity in a highly negative manner. You know those horrible headless photos and overly animated images of people stuffing their faces with burgers and chips. Help us put a stop to the use of these stigmatizing images. Here's the link for more information on how to help.
4. Our Weight Loss Surgery Twitter Twibe reached a milestone this week. 1000 members. A "twibe" is basically a place where people with common interests (who are using Twitter) can find each other. A few years ago I was chatting on twitter (I'm @eggface) with several of my pals who had weight loss surgery and realized those pals didn't all know each other so the WLS Twibe was born.
Basically you add your name to the WLS Twibe so others can know you are "one of us" and can follow your tweets on twitter. All surgery types and all stages (pre-op & post-op, newbees to old farts) are represented. You can't have enough support networks. So if you are tweeting feel free to add your twitter name to our twibe. You can post directly on the twibe page or most of us just use the hashtag #WLS on weight loss surgery related tweets.
5. Stop by Sunday when another Eggface Giveaway begins!!! What will it be?! Hint: Nom nom nom. Be sure to add your name to the hat for the current giveaway: A Christmas Stocking full of AWESOME weight loss surgery friendly samples (ends Sunday midnight PST)