New feature: a weekly round-up of tidbits, tips, ideas, news articles, random cool things...
1. Honored to be November 7thI appreciate (and have already won) just being included in a community that cares so much about each other. Thank you for the nominations and votes.
2. I've been almost 2 weeks without one but finally got a shipment of Quest Protein Bars. Nom. If you haven't tried them. Do it. So good. None of that pesky chocolate coating to get all gooey in your purse or travel carry-on when out and about. If you are home... nuke 'em 10 seconds for warm, fresh baked yumminess. Oh and for those of you that are sensitive... no sugar alcohols and gluten free.
3. Heads up for all those who live near a Cost Plus World Market. I scored Sugar Free Pumpkin Torani Syrup the other day and yesterday look what I nabbed the elusive Sugar Free Salted Caramel which I reviewed last year Mmmm Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa and a flavor I have never tried, I know! Can you believe that?! It sounds delish... Sugar Free Cinnamon Vanilla. I can't wait to experiment with it. I'll let you know what it's like. It has a reddish hue so I'm thinking Red Hot candy-ish... we'll see.
4. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
National Public Radio's article series: Obesity In America
The Lancet 4 part series on the Global Obesity Pandemic
Depression and Bariatric Surgery: A Cloudy Exchange
Bariatric Surgery: Some doctors believe adolescents could benefit
Diabetes Epidemic Reaches 366 Million Cases - One Death Every 7 Seconds
5. I was getting in one of my funky moods the other day and then I logged on to Facebook (or maybe it was Twitter) and saw someone announce it was the International Day of Peace. I knew what I had to do. Go to the place I feel the most peaceful...
I filled up my super cool bento box with some snacks and stared at the waves for a few hours. Free therapy. As I was leaving U2 Beautiful Day came on the radio couldn't have been more perfect. Well... OK maybe if I owned one of those houses on the hill instead of living 30 miles away ;)
Mission accomplished = me defunktified.
P.S. I heard from a little twitter birdy that Quest Protein Bars is releasing their new Peanut Butter & Jelly flavor today!