Thursday, June 9, 2011

You got chocolate in my peanut butter!

It's hot. Time to start churning the protein ice cream. Tonight, in the life of a single girl: The Real Housewives of New York and a bowl of Shelly's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream.

Shelly's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1/4 cup Powdered Peanut Butter (AKA PB2, Peanut Flour, Defatted Peanut Butter)
Optional: 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (Walmart)

Mix together milk, protein, syrup, powdered peanut butter. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one of those just whiz it on super turbo high in the blender, you want airy. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. If you are adding the chocolate chips add them in the last 5 minutes. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so to get scoopable. If you leave it to get too hard just nuke ice cream 25 seconds to soften again. Optional yummy topping (pictured): 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter, nuked 30 seconds till drizzly

Other Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors
Protein Ice Cream 101

post signature

4 comments:

cheryl said...

I love your web site. I am scheduled to have surgery on July 25th and I was wondering what I was going to eat afterwards. You need to create a cook book. I am going to live on this site. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us the world of people who need you.

Gastric Kitty said...

That sounds delicious! I put the ice cream maker in my amazon wishlist. Eventually I'll be able to buy it. That protein ice cream looks great! The peanut butter is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing it! It's such a hot summer and ice cream is just right for a hot day.

-Gastric Kitty

Anonymous said...

you must be just far enough away from the coast because down here in san diego, it's cloudy and down right chilly. didn't stop me from making ice cream today though. i made plain old vanilly to top peach crisp. mmm.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you for thinking the recipes worthy Cheryl :) All the best on your upcoming surgery. Sending you speedy healing wishes!

***

Gastric Kitty, I was a great investment. I use it several tiems a week in the summer heat.

***

Anon, I heard San Diego didn't see the sun till 3 PM today... we were HOT & Sunny at 11 AM. I was actually wishing the gloom stuck around a bit longer I was doing yard work :(