Sunday, May 1, 2011

Move Your Body

Loving this... if you haven't seen this yet it's a must see.

Beyonce has created a new music video dance routine, "Move Your Body" in support of First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign effort to combat childhood obesity. School groups have been encouraged to recreate the flash mob-like video routine and perform it simultaneously across the United States in participating middle schools on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.



Some of us know the pain of childhood obesity first hand. I think it's awesome Beyonce got involved. I wish more singers and musicians would. That is a true rock star in my book.

I did the video and WOW it really gets your heart pumping. Try it! Try it with your kiddos!

post signature

8 comments:

downsizers said...

This a good way to encourage people to get active. Passing laws and telling businesses what they can serve will not work. I do support schools serving nutritious choices and getting the sodas out but the nanny state approach will not affect the weight of anybody. The problem is much deeper than what McDonald's serves.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Love that! It's so important to just start moving to get fit and stay that way. It makes me so sad to see so many children struggling with their weight at such a young age.

Tammara, Jess and Cory said...

WOW excellant video I wish more singers that the kids relate to would get involved like this.

Pouch Party said...

Beyonce is the awesomeness. I love her. That is all.

Anonymous said...

That was great!! I am going to do that at home for some cardio!!
Lynette

Yvonne said...

Did you happen to video you doing it? I'd love to see you do the Dougie! :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL One of these days I'll break out the flipcam. Of course the only way you will be able to tell I'm not having some sort of attack will be the music playing ;)

BeckyVDU said...

That was an awesome video and I agree with you Shelli that more rock stars should get involved and get our kids rocking and loving it! Thank you for posting it!
Becky