Friday, April 1, 2011

A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Had an early morning meeting at Starbucks so this was my breakfast: A Grande, Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce, Soy Latte, No Whip, No Foam. It's my typical order. Sometimes if the line is short I will ask them to do half the pumps SF Caramel and half the pumps SF Cinnamon Dolce. Since Starbucks doesn't give us any holiday beverage or snack options I made that one up last year. Thankfully they were playing pretty good tunes and not that hideous French stuff from the other night.

Lunch: It was 92°F by the afternoon. The temps are not going to last thankfully back to more normal 70's next week. I'm not ready for summer yet. I had a ton of computer stuff to do so I grabbed my laptop and my super cool bento box and took off to the park to work.

Pink Box (top left): Cucumbers, Tomatoes, chopped Mozzarella Cheesestick drizzled with a tsp of Basil Pesto Sauce (so Caprese Salad-ish)
Orange Box (top right): a hunk of a ISS Oh Yeah Peanut Butter Creme Protein Wafer
Blue Box (bottom left): Turkey, Brie & Avocado Melted Cold Cut Roll-up
Green Box (bottom right): Chopped Strawberries and SF Torani flavored Greek Yogurt

Came home, made myself an Iced CLICK Vanilla Latte, and made dinner and dessert for later. It was still 85°F when I had the oven on. I couldn't have made my Fluff Stuff instead but noooo I heat up the already hot house. It was delicious though and I had some pears that needed using.

Dinner: One of my favorites Philly Cheesesteak Casserole. I forgot to take a picture of it before we took a hunk out of it but this is what it looks like and here's the recipe. I didn't have zucchini so I used summer crookneck squash instead (any summer squash will work)

Snacks: Oodles of coffee and a dollop of Apple Pear Crumb with SF Whipped Cream on top that I ate while I watched the long awaited Grey Anatomy musical event. Verdict: the crumb was AWESOME the musical event well... moments of greatness and moments of not so much. Started to slip into "Cop Rock" a few times. I think they should leave the bursting into song to my Glee kids.

Shelly's Apple Pear Crumble

2 Apples, chopped
2 Pears, chopped
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any flavor Caramel, Vanilla, Brown Sugar will do)

1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/4 cup Nuts, chopped (I used pecans and almonds)
2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup

Cook apples, pears and syrup on low till slightly softened but still formed about 8 minutes. Pour into a oven proof bowl. Mix topping ingredients together to form clumps, its a dry mixture but I find squeezing it with my hands into clumps brings it together quickly. Sprinkle topping "clumps" onto fruit. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Serve with a scoop of Protein Ice Cream, SF Whipped Cream, or warm SF Vanilla Custard.

A yummy day.

post signature


Donna said...

How do you deal with leftovers? Do you eat the same thing, like for a week?

Southern Belle said...

I love your recipes and made some of the bites a couple of days ago. My only issue is that everything I put in my mini muffin tins sticks. I have sprayed them and buttered them and they still stick. What kind of pan do you use? I want to make the pancake bites this weekend but I know they will stick. You can email me at if you would like. Thank you for all of the amazing tips and recipes!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Donna, How I deal with leftovers...



SouthernBelle, Non stick mini muffin pan, sprayed with Pam non stick spray. No butter (it tends to burn and stick)

.:Amy:. said...

Will you share your recipe for the yogurt-covered strawberries? Sounds Delish!!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Amy, Sure it's in the Greek Yogurt link but basically it's this recipe (below) Then I tossed the chopped strawberries in it.

Shelly's (Fill in the Blank) Flavored Yogurt

3 1/2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (1/2 a container. I use 2%, they have 0% too)
1 Tablespoon or so of ANY flavor Sugar Free Torani Syrup (this time I used SF Raspberry - on sale now)

Mix till combined. I sprinkle some cereal or granola on top for a little crunch. You can top with fresh or defrosted frozen fruit. If you want fruity chunky yogurt drop everything plus some frozen or fresh fruit in a mini food processor and whiz till smooth. This makes a GREAT dip for sliced apples too.

Southern Belle said...

Then I don't know what is going on with my non stick pans, they always stick for me. I am thinking of doing them with pan liners next time!

Penney said...

I made the sausage/blueberry bites the other day...YUM! I think next I'll try adding apple bits instead of blueberries. I was impressed by how many Grey's cast can sing. Have you ever heard the guy that plays Hunt talk for real? He has such a strong Scottish accent. Very cool.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Glad you enjoyed them Penney.

Yeah Hunt (Kevin McKidd) played the fiance (also starring Patrick Dempsey) in Made of Honor (a cute but predictable romantic comedy) some of which was filmed in Scotland. Love Scottish accents.

I knew Sara Ramirez (Callie) sang she won the Tony award (Monty Python's Spamalot) she's great. The others I didn't know about some I think don't normally ;) and probably shouldn't give up the day job. LOL.

Brewer said...

Excited for a chance to win the new offering. So many good recipes, and other ideas! I use them often.

Keep up the good work Shel!

Anonymous said...

Made the Philly Cheese Steak Casserole tonight - yummers!!! I used left over BBQ steak, sliced thin, and in my distracted state added double the mushrooms - good thing I love mushrooms! I was hoping for leftovers, but the non-pouched portion of the family gobbled it up. I'm guessing it will go into the regular dinner rotation :)