A day in my pouch

Breakfast: Started my day with a Mocha Roca CLICK Protein Latte. So yummy. I didn't get to walk the neighborhood yesterday it was rainy and damp in the morning. So I turned on DirectTV Music Choice and danced. If you have DirectTV or Music Choice on your cable network you have to do this one day, you can also listen on your computer. I love it. That's the kind of exercise I like, makes you sweat and burns calories but is fun! No treadmills to nowhere for this chick.

Shelly's Mocha Roca CLICK Protein Latte Shake

2 scoops CLICK Vanilla Latte Espresso Protein
1 cup Soy Milk (any milk will do)
2 Tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Almond Roca Syrup
a few Ice Cubes

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with optional squirt of Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of ground almonds.

If you love coffee you will love CLICK. I was asked the other day to describe the flavor differences in the two flavors: Mocha and Vanilla Latte. Mocha is coffee and chocolate flavor and is the stronger espresso flavor of the two. It's what I use mostly in my desserts made with CLICK like ice cream, cakes, crepe filling, fudge and truffles. The one I usually make into shakes and smoothies is the Vanilla Latte flavor. A lighter coffee flavor with a vanilla taste. If you love rich dark roasts or drink your coffee black go with Mocha. If you add lots of milk or creamer to your coffee go with Vanilla Latte.

You can actually get these very cool packets now that come with one box of Mocha and one box of Vanilla Latte. A great way to introduce yourself to CLICK or perfect for post weight loss surgery traveling. Toss a few in your carry-on or purse with your blender bottle, on the plane ask for milk or water and you are sure of something yummy and protein-packed.

Lunch: Leftovers of that yummy Tuscan White Bean Stew. Even better then next day.

Dinner: I grilled some shrimp kabobs and as I was cleaning out the veggie bin I found a zucchini and summer squash that needed using. Sliced them, tossed them with a Tablespoon of Basil-flavored Olive Oil, a sprinkle of Greek Seasoning, and closed them up in an aluminum foil packet that I tossed on the closed grill for 15 minutes. I considered just putting the shrimp in the packet too (also yummy) but this time I skewered and grilled them.

Snacks: As usual too much coffee, a handful of green grapes midday and two CLICK Espresso Protein Truffles during Grey's Anatomy. It's an especially good season. Can I just say how much I love Dr. Alex Karev. I have a weakness for bad boys with a heart of gold.

Shelly's Espresso Protein Truffles

2 Scoops CLICK Mocha Espresso Protein Powder
3 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Sugar Free Torani Vanilla Syrup (any flavor will do)
1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, Pistachios or a combo)

Optional Toppings: Toasted or Untoasted Unsweetened Coconut, Crushed Nuts, more CLICK, Unsweetened Cocoa, Non-fat Dry Milk Powder, Crushed SF Candy Cane (I make these every year for Santa's Christmas snack) or candies (CVS, Rite Aid)

Mix all ingredients till thoroughly combined. You want a slightly stickier than Playdoh texture. Almond Butters vary slightly so if it is too sticky add a little more protein or ground nuts or powdered milk works great too. Too dry: add a little more SF Torani. Roll into walnut size balls, it's messy but worth it. Roll in optional topping choice. Place in fridge to firm before serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated. You can also freeze them and defrost in the fridge as needed. Makes about 25.

Well that was my yummy day of post weight loss surgery eating. Not too shabby.

post signature

P.S. Remember the Progress Souper You Contest is still going on. Here's the info on how to enter and a video of yours truly. I would love to see one of my pals get the same VIP treatment I got last year.