Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Last night was fun. We watched the perfect New Year's Eve movie and the Times Square ball drop coverage and ate yummy weight loss surgery friendly tidbits (sausage, salami, cold cut roll-ups, apple slices, cucumber slices)

and some of my favorite cheeses...

...and of course I did my traditional New Year's raisin toss.

For new readers... every New Year I toss 12 raisins, one at a time, toward my mouth at the stroke of midnight. The idea is for every raisin that you get in your mouth that will be one month of good luck in the coming year. I've done this now for several years. Thankfully my aim has gotten better since the first year. The first year... first raisin I tossed SCORE right in the mouth, second raisin BAM right in the eye. This raisin thing is pretty accurate because that was an INTERESTING year. 2011 is gonna be a great year! 10 out of 12, baby!

I don't really make resolutions. I’ve done my best since having weight loss surgery to treat myself with love and kindness both physically (making good eating choices and moving my body) and emotionally (understanding the why's of why I got fat and working on that "stuff") so more of that.

Tips for the Long Haul.

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man" (or woman) ~Benjamin Franklin

May this be our best year yet! I wish you all many happy days in 2011.

post signature

10 comments:

Chelsea's Mom said...

Happy New Year to you and your Mum! I forgot about the raisin thing! I was gonna do that this year. Hope it works for you, 10 out of 12 is really good! God bless and thanks for doing what you do!!

Watty said...

Happy New Year to you beautiful ladies! I think I'm going to try the raisin thing now.

I've gained almost 30 lbs. My goal is to give them to someone more deserving this year. Ugggh. Will be bugging you more this year I promise! (HA! ;)

THE DASH! said...

Happy New Year to you too! I love the raisin toss idea. Might try it next year.

Ruby Darkstar said...

Yea! A banner year! I had to forgo the toss.I spent the night at the vet with my dog, he got hit by a car :( I hope that that is not an indication of how my year will be...

Maybe This Time said...

hi! im a newbie! love the blog btw! i'm afraid of the raisin toss...what if i missed ALL of theme?!? lol!!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Happy New Year to you all!!!

***

Chelsea's Mom, Thank you & Mum wishes you a Happy New Year too xo

***

((Watty)) We're in this together! You know where to find me... support, a kick in the toosh ;) or a song dedication.

***

The Dash, Good luck LOL wear protective eye gear that first time ;)

***

Ruby, Oh no. Hope your fur baby heals well. I miss having pets but ughhh they do give you trouble sometimes. Sending prayers & good vibes.

***

Maybe, LOL I know huh. I'd blame it on the raisins ;) too much rain or something changed their aerodynamics.

The Lingo Family said...

Happy New Year's Girl!!! So very glad that I got to meet you at Starbucks in Temecula last week. I am so glad I got to meet you in person, that was really neat for me. Off to make some protein muffins.... :)

Melissa said...

I'm having my surgery on the 11th of the new year and can't wait. I'd love to find some great tasting vitamins!

Melissa said...

Happy New Year. I can't wait to start my new year with weight loss surgery!

SassieCassie said...

me me me me!

I can't wait to see what 2011 brings us all!