A day in my pouch

Well I think I'm coming through the other side of this creeping crud finally. Today is not as bad as yesterday. Which isn't saying much but heck I'll take it. Do everything you can to prevent getting whatever it is that is flying around this year because it packs a wallop. I probably got it from some germ laden shopping cart. You know those things are like little Petri dishes of nastiness. I think I'm gonna give them up and start walking around with all my groceries piled up in my arms. Ehhh if I did that I'd probably end up dropping something, falling down and getting impaled by produce. You can't win.

I am always in somewhat jealous awe of those who say they lost their appetite while ill this never happens to me. I always manage to eat. Here's what I had yesterday.

Breakfast: Mmmm 2 Cherry Berry Mini Muffins sliced in half and sauteed till golden and crispy.


Shelly's Cherry Berry Mini Muffins

3/4 cup Spelt Flour
1/2 cup Strawberry Protein Powder (20% off)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
dash of Salt
1/4 cup Cherries, chopped, frozen, defrosted
3/4 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Optional topping: 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tin with Pam and set aside. Mix all ingredients (except topping) together till combined. Spoon into muffin tin. Sprinkle unsweetened coconut on the tops of each muffin. I usually do half the batch.


Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

Remove pans from oven. Allow to cool in the pan for 3 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container to keep them soft and moist. Makes 24.

A couple of these babies split open, sauteed in a pan till they get golden crispy edges and smeared with No Sugar Added Strawberry or Blueberry Jam = Heaven. Nom nom nom.

I always freeze half the batch. I wrap them in plastic wrap and toss them in a gallon freezer Ziploc bag then take them out a hour or so before I want to eat them. To reheat: you can nuke them, toast them, or heat in a pan like mentioned above.

Lunch: Shelly's Chicken & Dill Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped Dill flavored Havarti Cheese, Sliced Chicken (cold cuts), a sprinkle of Parmesan and Italian Seasonings.


Dinner: Shelly's Speedy Stroganoff Meatballs and Steamed Carrots. I had 2 mushrooms in the house so I added 1 cup of frozen peas to my original version. Oh and I used Fage Greek Yogurt (2%) versus Sour Cream which I will do from now on.


Snacks: Shelly's Café Biscotti Protein Shake, a Cutie Mandarin Orange, 4 Dried Apricots, 10 Cashews, lots of Coffee.