Packing lunch in something like my super cool Bento Box reduces your carbon footprint by consuming less disposable goods... an easy way to help cut back on greenhouse gas emissions.
Blue Box (top left): Broccoli & Baby Carrots and (in little blue container) Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Green Box (top right): GIANT Farmer's Market Grapes
Pink Box (bottom left): Leftover Shelly's Turkey Tostada filling turned Taco Salad
Orange Box (bottom right): Shelly's 5 Minute Banana Protein Cake
How you can help: Here's a few changes/ideas each person can make in their day to day life that will make a HUGE difference:
* Pack your lunch in reusable containers like a bento or another favorite of mine.
* Use reusable shopping bags every time you grocery shop. You can buy them at most any store now but if you have whippersnappers in your life or are crafty make your own. Here are some of mine.
* Buy in bulk. Who needs that pesky packaging, plastic wrapping, and cardboard boxes.
* Plan your errands to make the most of car trips (burning a single gallon of gasoline produces 20 pounds of CO2.)
* Walk or bike to an errand or work once a week. Great exercise.
* Find your local Farmer's Market. Don't buy food that is shipped from halfway across the globe.
* Unplug items when not in use. Most people don't realize that electricity is in use to power devices that are switched off. Unplug instead. Lower your bill $$$ too.
* Don't print e-mails or web pages out. I PROMISE the recipes on my blog will be here every time you return so PLEASE PLEASE save a tree and don't print them out.
* Go to the park, beach, picnic, take a walk, climb a mountain, swim in the sea. Those that enjoy & value nature will protect it.
"Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean." ~Ryunosuke Satoro