Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dinner by the lake

Yesterday evening I packed up my Super Cool Bento Box and ate my dinner under the shade of a tree by the lake near my house.


Pink Box (top left): Naked Chicken Nuggets with Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Green Box (top right): Giant Greek Bean Salad (storebought)
Blue Box (bottom left): Greek Salad (Cukes, Tomatoes, Black Olives, Feta Cheese, Oregano, S&P)
Orange Box (bottom right): Steamed Broccoli
Along side: Peach Green Tea Drink Stick

and this was my view...


I need to do this more. Food always tastes better outside too.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Found your blog yesterday and I'm already full of great ideas - thanks so much for sharing.

I'm loving the bento box! I see an order for it in my future.

Diane said...

Lovely! You have inspired me to have a picnic if it ever stops raining here in Indiana! :-)

Miss Soul said...

OMG yes I too love the Bento Box...I noticed it in another post and I have to make that purchase sometime soon.

Love that view btw...and if the weather gets better in Pa i too will venture outside.

Ms. B said...

Ooh love the Bento box! They have an all pink option too, just added it to my wishlist!

Deb R said...

Shelley, I adapted one of your recipes yesterday and made protein blueberry cheesecake ice cream....amazing...it was so simple and good! Thanks

Elianah-Sharon said...

I actually cannot wait until I can eat that much. I love bento. I can't wait until I can make one and it will last for less than 3 weeks worth of meals :) Yeah yeah, I am 4 weeks out.

mary brockmeyer said...

Shelley - after finding you blog the same week I had RNY, I was inspired! I ordered PB2, your great protein powder and several syrups. The PB2 arrived yesterday and added to my pre-made chocoalte protein shake, made such a delicious change. I am looking forward to "cooking" after my next few weeks, but I am so thankful for all your suggestions.