Dinner & Dessert

Last night's tropical dinner. All that was missing was a beautiful secluded beach, tiki torches flickering in the warm night air, and a dreamy guy to share it with.

I BBQ'd my Bacon Wrapped Apricot-Ginger Shrimp Skewers and served them with a yummy Tropical Cole Slaw.


Shelly's Tropical Cole Slaw

1 (14 oz.) bag of Coleslaw Mix (green cabbage & carrots)
1/4 cup Fage Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Papaya Mango Salsa
2 Tablespoons Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix together till well combined. Best if made an hour before serving.


A quick & easy dessert. It was the perfect ending.


Shelly's Tropical Baked Bananas

2 Bananas, sliced
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Orange Marmalade (I used Smucker's Simply Fruit)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Coconut)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened Coconut
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest, grated

Layer 4 ramekins 3/4 the way full with bananas. Mix the marmalade, syrup, coconut and grated lemon zest together and spoon over the bananas equally. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 10 min, remove foil bake 5 minutes more.


I'm putting an APB out on the missing components of my tropical fantasy... so if anyone finds my beach, tiki torches & dream dude give me a call.

Listening to: Bob Marley "Waiting in Vain"