Sunday, March 15, 2009

Take a hike

I've filled up my super cool Bento box and I'm going on a hike.

If you don't hear from me by this afternoon search party my ass would ya ;)

Naaahhh, I should be golden. I'm bringing my cell phone with Global Positioning (GPS) on it and snacks this time. No repeats of past experiences needed. When I was 13 years old I was lost for 14 hours, alone in the Catskill Mountains. October. No coat, no water, and no food. Scary. But now I'll have my phone and my super cool bento box filled with goodies so no worries.


Blue Box (top left): Strawberries, Red & Green Grapes
Orange Box (top right): Turkey Roll-ups
Pink Box (bottom left): Wee Brie Cheese Wedge, Dried Fruit and Nuts
Green Box (bottom right): Baby Carrots and Pesto Yogurt Dip

Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

Tara said...

now THAT is the lunch of champion hikers. When we come down to so cal to visit family I'm gonna come find you so that we can hike together with our laptop lunch boxes. And I get my ass lost ALL the time so you'll have to bring your cell gps.

Donna said...

My three year old just came in here claiming to have had a dream 30 seconds after being put to bed and saw your yummy bento box lunch snack and said "OH! I wish we could have a lunch like THAT one!" Ok, got to put her to back to bed! How was the hike?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Tara, You are on! I'll make lunch. ~M

***

Awww Donna. Yay. I get excited like a kid with my box it's too funny and I know what I packed myself but I love opening it up. I missed lunchboxes LOL.

Hike was good 4 1/2 mile loop. I haven't gone in awhile I was up to 6 miles but I didn't think I could do that much and it was cold and a little breezy. I do need new boots. Still wearing the ones I wore at 295.

~M

angelcrh said...

I was looking for a mini donut pan and I came across a jelly roll pan which was just a cookie sheet. It got me thinking about jelly rolls, and searched your site and didn't find any. Not sure if taking suggestions for new ideas of things to make but I thought I'd let you know. I wouldn't know what to do for the breading part besides putting some vanilla protein powder in it, but for the filling some sugar free jelly and fat free cool whip be good, I am thinking about the little debbie strawberry shortcake rolls. -sorry to bring that part up if you liked them.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yep I remember those Jelly Rolls. Nope haven't attempted one. Let me know if you do ;)

~M