Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Childhood memory (errr trauma)

I only had one "real" Barbie doll. I mostly had my sister's hand-me-down "Fat Tammy" dolls. Tammy was slightly more plus size than real Barbie and when I tried to squeeze her into real Barbie clothes the seams split.


You would have thought this would have traumatized me as a child and made me not gain weight but it obviously had no ill effects on my eating patterns. ;)

I used to stage elaborate scenes where my only real Barbie with her skinny bitch temptress ways would steal Fat Tammy's boyfriend away... who come to find out from searching on eBay was actually Fat Tammy's brother Ted.

I soooooo need therapy for that one.

5 comments:

DCY said...

I had a Barbie doll, but didn't like her too much. Don't know why, just didn't. I liked my Chatty Cathy doll much better. My two older brothers loved to take her away from me and make her talk, then make fun of her, me too for that matter. I got them back later though, when Momma forced them to eat my first attempts at cooking. Muuaaaahhha! I've come along way since then.

E said...

My dad wouldn't allow Barbies in our house. He felt they were detremential to our self esteem. He didn't want me to grow up thinking I needed to look like Barbie. Well Dad, it worked. At a size 32, noone will mistake me for Barbie!!!

Amber said...

Omg I was forced to play w/ Tammy dolls too. Barbies "boobs were too big". LOL

Barb Del Piano said...

Remember those little plastic dolls?? One was "Dawn" I used to bend their legs backwards, and frontwards....I used to put varicose veins on them with my pen just to piss off my sister!

.......I may need some of that therapy myself come to think of it!.....

Lynne said...

OMG! I haven't seen a Tammy Doll since I was a kid. My Mom gave me one when I wanted a Barbie doll. Eventually Mom bought me a ice skating Skipper (in response to my wanting skates). It was about the same time as my first diet, at age 7. Dieted my way to super obesity. Getting ready for weight loss surgery now.