Friday, June 20, 2008

2 years

It's my 2 year anniversary of Roux-en-Y (RNY) Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Surgery

All co-morbidities resolved (Sleep Apnea, GERD, High BP)
Off all medications (was on 8)
-149 pounds down (-23 pounds this second year)
From a size 28 to drum roll... size 6

Thank you to the two awesome doctors in Mexico that gave me back my life Dr. Aguirre (RNY) and Dr. Quiroz (Plastics). The best Dr.'s I've ever had (in any country.)

Thank you to my family and friends (both "real world" and "cyber")

Thank you to the readers of my recipes and ramblings here at The World According to Eggface. It's important to me that people know that life after weight loss surgery isn't just protein shakes and cottage cheese. The blog is my public service announcement that you can still eat "good food" after you get your chitlins rearranged ;)

Catch up with my journey:
1 week
1 year
18 months

Listening to: Journey "Be Good to Yourself" (my weight loss journey theme song)


Anonymous said...

Michelle, congratulations on this incredible milestone. And not only have you made a better life for yourself, you took this gift and enriched the lives of so many others (while keeping us in tears, mostly through laughter) the entire time.

May the next 2 years and all the years to come be fruitful and may that one person is so deserving (is there anyone?) find his way to you soon!


Valerie said...

Congratulations on a fabulous 2 years! Not only do you look fantastic, but you are inspiration and motivational to some you probably don't even know it! I know that once I have my surgery (about a month or so) that I will be much more prepared and much better off because I found your blog! Thanks for being such an inspiration...and - for sharing all your successes (and recipes!!) with us!

Shrinky Inky said...

CONGRATS!! Wow, year two already - your change is stupendous and I appreciate you sharing your journey with me along the way (and your recipes!)

You continue to inspire me, Michelle, and many many happy future years to you!!

TRACY said...


Mel said...

Congrats on your 2nd surgiversary! You look amazing and you are such an inspiration! :)

*big hugs*

Jennifer Miller said...

Congrats to you! I hope I have these awesome same results whenever I get my surgery!

The whole surgery in Mexico makes me nervous but I'm glad you had such an awesome experience. (I just watched the first season of Grey's Anatomy and there was a young girl who got a gastric bypass there and it was all sorts of screwed up - so not that I know anything, I'm just basing my fears off a show!)

Kim H. said...

Congratulations!! You are such an inspiration to those of us still in the middle of our journey... and I see your recipies being testd by several of my blog friends - so keep up the great work showing us the way to lead full and healthier lives after WLS!

DCY said...

You look marrrrveluuuuus!!! Such a stupendous job with the GBS and subsequent weight loss and all the fantastic recipes that you share with us on a daily basis in print and with photos. I absolutely love to read your blog and am so glad that I found the...Egg!!!

I hope and pray that I continue well with my weight loss and do as good as you. You are my inspiration.

Amber said...

Congrats!! You've done so awesome and you are such an inspiration!

Haven said...

WOW, you get two birthdays in one month.. lucky girl! Today's birthday is extra special because it represents the choice you made to start a healthier life. Today belongs to you.. revel in the joy, smile as you reflect and dance to the beat of your own drum! CONGRATS

mk said...

Whooodoooo! You deserve the very best! Smile a lot, and know now, that you can conquer any dream!

You look fabulous! And I'm happy that you share your enthusiasm with so many! --Thank you!

CAR19 said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me and so many others. I am just beginning the journey and your site and your story help make me believe it is possible. Your website is THE best...don't ever stop sharing with us :)
Go out and do the Happy Dance...on your way to the Farmers Market and deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I was directed to your blog by my best friend who found you I believe on OH, She sent me hear while we were discussing me trying to find healthier things for my kids to eat, and I am absolutely addicted to your blog. I personally do not have an issue with weight, however my husband and our two younger children do. Growing up and my entire life I have never once worried about what goes into my mouth. But now i see the effects in my children and it breaks my heart :( so this summer I am making it a goal along with my husband to live healthy and set examples for our kids. we are lucky in the fact that they LOVE veggies! I am so excited to go shopping next week to try some of your recipes. Thank you so much for sharing your great talent of cooking and also your story.

Flying Sarah said...

2 you have 2 arm :-p Congrats buddy!!!

Sara said...

Michelle, you are truly and utterly an inspiration to all of us; pre and post-ops.

I love reading your blog, and I check it faithfully each day to see if you've updated.

You are so beautiful, both inside and out. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, as well as your TO DIE FOR recipes!!

You also rock my socks for being a Journey fan :D

jerikay56 said...

Hey there-Happy 2 year anniversary!! {{HEART}} your blog and everyday and tried several of your recipes!!

Aims said...

What a HAPPY DAY for you!!!! Congrats!

Nicol said...

Michelle, I am soo proud of you. What a great accomplishment you have made. You are an inspiration to all. Keep up the excellent work and thank you again so much for everything you do!!
~ Nicol

CAR19 said...

I walked into Target today and immediately thought of you...there is a beach bag that has two eggs and a slice of bacn smile....just like your blog! It is so have to get one!

I was in search of Powerade Zero...and found that too!

I love your are the best!

shstrouble said...

WOW...Congratulations! You look great, more important you are great where it counts in the heart and soul. Thanks for sharing with us, you have me laugh when I was so down I did not think it possible. When I get depressed or feel like things are not going well I read your blog. The most important thing that I am learning from you it to enjoy today, and not to focus on when I lose it all. So now I proudly tell everyone that I am now a size 2 that's right a 2, yep a 2X. It's a journey...thanks for helping me along and making it fun

Karen_NZ said...

Michelle, you are an inspiration. I am 2 months post-op and love reading your recipes, just waiting until I can try them out. Not long to go as I'm feeling better every day.

If you want to come over to experience Winter in New Zealand to cool down you are more than welcome. ;-)

Danyele said...

Congratulations Shelly! I'm such a big fan of your blog - you've got a really positive perspective. And thanks for all of the wonderful recipes and tips!

Peeved Michelle said...

I just found your blog through a link from Nik on OH. It is very inspirational to me as a pre-op. I will definitely be back again and again, especially for your recipes, which look delicious.